Friday, September 12, 2008

Getting Ready

Like many of you, we spent this morning getting ready for the storm.

My parents, grandmother, and their dog and four cats have arrived from Clear Lake to escape Ike's storm surge.

The kids helped get ready too.

Sam is either pointing to the source of danger or about to turn into Super Boy.


Well, we've done what we can. The windows are boarded, the supplies are ready, the family is gathered and the prayers have been said. I'm not looking forward to tonight.

Blessings on all of you.

2 comments:

The Curtis Crew said...

We've been watching the news on the internet like crazy. I hope you guys are ok. My mother-in-law said today it could be 3-4 weeks before you guys get power...that's crazy!

Elliott Scott said...

I'm presently working from the office which has power (obviously). Our home is still without, but West Creek and many of the other areas nearby are regaining it. If I had to guess, I'd say we'll get it back within the next couple of days.