Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Snow Mountain Ranch, Colorado

Finally we reach our destination: The YMCA of Snow Mountain Ranch in Colorado. At less than $30 a day it's hard to beat the view.

And, because it's a YMCA camp, there are tons of activities for the family to do. One of the first we tried was archery. My elbow is too high.

Allie's elbow is also too high. But she looks better than I do while she does it.

The coolest thing was that the target was a big foam velociraptor. And what's more fun than shooting arrows into a dinosaur?

Sam's form is better than mine.


Maryallie takes her turn.

Judith is the most independent of all our children but she allowed Mom to help her pull the bow back.

Jake wasn't sure he wanted to give it a try so I helped out. Die, Dinosaur.


Head shot! Woot!

The boys finished him off with sticks.


Then it was off to do some canoeing.


These jerks kept ramming us.

To finish off the day we went to the zip line.

Which basically means climbing up a telephone pole......


......and jumping off. Or in my case, leaning off backwards.

Maryallie is an impressive person.

She looks so little up there clinging to the pole. The guy next to her is the person who hooks you to the zip line.

Unfortunately I'm not much of a photographer and the picture of Maryallie's jump is blurred. However, Hannah B went up next and off she jumped. She had her own particular style.


This picture is blurred as well but I submit it as evidence that Allie Baldwin Scott (who is mildly terrified of heights) climbed to the top, jumped, and screamed for 100 yards down the mountain.
It was one of the all time most funnest days ever.

5 comments:

The Curtis Crew said...

I love you guys! I don't know why watching you ride the zip line makes me feel sappy...

Elliott Scott said...

We miss you too!

And we're looking to hire a piano player....in case you're looking for a part time job.

The Curtis Crew said...

Hmm...something tells me the commuting costs might make it challenging...

I read The Shack a few weeks ago. As a work of fiction, I thought it was excellent and couldn't put it down. I'm not a theologian, so can't really speak to that side, but it did give me alot to ponder. What did you think?

Elliott Scott said...

I'll do a review of "The Shack" after I finish with the vacation pictures.

But I can tell you that I think it is a very interesting book and I liked parts of it quite a bit. There are some weaknesses to it as well.

Anonymous said...

Is there ANY video of Allie screaming down the wire??!! Any video or audio at all??!!!

Looks like you all had a great time at Snow Mountain Ranch. Congrats to Jake "Hawkeye" Scott for his keen eye that scored a head shot on a velociraptor.