Friday, July 11, 2008

I Think Someone is Confused

The Pew Forum recently did a massive survey of religious life in the United States. It made headlines a couple of weeks ago so you may have noticed. Many of the findings were interesting and I've had several requests to preach on the results which I will no doubt do in one form or another.

But in the meantime I've noticed one little quirky result:

9% of all atheists surveyed are absolutely certain that there is a God.

source: http://religions.pewforum.org/pdf/table-belief-in-god-or-universal-spirit-by-religious-tradition.pdf

Do you think someone is confused about the concept of atheism?

6 comments:

The Curtis Crew said...

I think it's just another example of folks hungry for something and will grab for anything, even to the point of being ignorant to what their grabbing hold of.

My blog is pinker. Go to http://thecutestblogontheblock.com and they have tons of free backgrounds. (not all pink!) It's very simple to put it into your blog without messing up your layout. Some of the other backgrounds I've used erase my widgets and I spend alot of time redoing them. This one keeps everything the same. I can even show you how to take out the html code that has the "advertisement" at the top of their backgrounds. I just put a link on my side to their site instead.

Elliott Scott said...

Thanks, Melissa. I'll give it a look.

The Curtis Crew said...

Well, since you don't like pink volkswagons, you can try pyzam.com. They have great backgrounds but it's a little more complicated in the setup process.

Elliott Scott said...

Ok, this is going to get confusing if I make a comment on your blog and you respond on mine. If anyone wants to follow the conversation, they are going to have to jump back and forth between the two.

Anyway, complicated is bad. Pink volkswagons are bad. I'm going to stick with my simple black blog for a while.

Are you singing tomorrow in church?

The Curtis Crew said...

I think it's good...it'll boost our readership (maybe!) and who knows...there might be someone out there who is looking for how to remove a whale carcass and a recipe for a great pumpkin pie all at the same time!

Not singing this morning, but playing... Our church has LOTS of singers and is not hurting for another one and I'm ok with that. I'm enjoying playing.

Elliott Scott said...

I guarantee they don't have a lot of singers of your quality. You should be singing somewhere.